Can't Find It? Search Here!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Welcome





Well, Hello.

I am starting this journey off alone, I suppose.

Let's start with the definition of "fool", shall we? I found this definition here.

Pronunciation: \ˈfül\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French fol, from Late Latin follis, from Latin, bellows, bag; akin to Old High German bolla blister, balg bag
Date: 13th century
1 : a person lacking in judgment or prudence 2 a : a retainer formerly kept in great households to provide casual entertainment and commonly dressed in motley with cap, bells, and bauble
2 b : one who is victimized or made to appear foolish : Dupe 3 a : a harmlessly deranged person or one lacking in common powers of understanding
3 b : one with a marked propensity or fondness for something "a dancing fool" or "a fool for candy"
4 : a cold dessert of pureed fruit mixed with whipped cream or custard

So, for the sake of common sense, it's pretty obvious that this blog isn't "notes from a cold dessert of pureed fruit". I mean, I don't think I have the personality, OR appearance of pureed fruit, but I suppose that's debatable. Regardless, I'd say the other 3 definitions fit pretty well, assuming I adorn myself with bells. But, that's certainly beside the point.
I'm writing this in the hopes that others read it, yes, but also because I wish to accomplish something. What that "something" is, exactly, I'm not quite sure. Maybe it's to merely to finish what I start, or maybe to learn something about myself.
Let's assume I am interesting. Let's assume I am a fool.

For now:
Your fool





No comments:

Post a Comment