Can't Find It? Search Here!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cherry Blossom Centerpiece #2


Tutorial here
These are our "taller" centerpiece ideas. In our heads, they go well with the theme, and they work with the smaller centerpiece ideas that we used. I don't know if this will translate as well in reality, but we can hope, right? Anyway, these are made using a branch, tissue paper, battery powered Christmas lights and a vase (filled with whatever). If we make the flowers out of tissue paper and they don't seem to be meshing well with the other Pomander ball centerpiece we plan on using, we can always use the flower petals from that project to do this project. They should, hopefully, work just as well here. Of course, who knows. My only reservations with this project is that these centerpieces would cost a little bit more money than the other ones will. (Basically because we would have to buy the lights. I've found some for about $5.00 a piece with free shipping, but we are hoping to hit some sales after Christmas and score them for cheaper). If we have 10 tables with these centerpieces on them, they will cost us $50.00 on the lights alone. This might not seem like a lot; but in comparison, the other centerpieces should cost us no more than $30 all supplies included. So, I guess this idea depends entirely on the sales we can get after Christmas. (Or, if we get lucky and find somebody who has them for sale. Craigslist to the rescue!)


Speaking of Craigslist, I found a woman in the Pittsburgh area selling twenty 11.75'' X 11.75'' mirrors for $20.00. So, I contacted her, and I might just buy them for our centerpieces!! ONE DOLLAR per mirror. I don't know much about mirrors, but that seems like a bargain, I think? She is also selling a fascinator for $3.00. I still haven't decided if I want to wear a fascinator, or a traditional veil (I would make either one from scratch), but I DO know that $3.00 is much less than I would spend on supplies to make one, so I am jumping on the opportunity. Of course, I'll need to find a reason to go to Pittsburgh, otherwise I'll be spending a total of $29 ($6 for bus fare) to go to Pittsburgh just to pick up mirrors and a headpiece. Guess I'll need to call some friends ;-)
Obviously, you didn't need to see pictures of the mirrors, but here you are!
I like the flower anyway, so even if I decide to go with something else, at least I can use the pieces from this to make something else. 
I also found a woman close to my home who is selling her wedding dress. I e-mailed her on Saturday, but I still haven't heard back from her. I'm honestly not very worried about it, I like the dress, but it isn't something I MUST have.  
Here's the pictures she put up on Craigslist. I like it, but I'm not going to be that disappointed if she never e-mails me back. It was a little over my price-point anyway. She's selling it for $200, and I'm hoping to pay somewhere around $100. I'm currently thinking about putting some of my dresses from high school and the bridesmaids dress I just wore up for sale, hopefully to add to our funds. 





I think what I am going to do this evening (after we get back from class) is set up a list of the items we have already bought, and how much we spent. This way, I can keep track of what we spent on this wedding, down to the penny. Yeah, kind of anal, but that's what I'm going to do. Besides, I'm curious to see how close we can get to our budget. (Which is around $2,500). 



No comments:

Post a Comment