Can't Find It? Search Here!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Embellishments

Tutorial here.

Yeah, I'm aware that this is a pretty big picture, but I decided to keep it bigger because you guys really need to see the detail of these. I love how these tiny little cherry blossoms pop off of the page, but yet, they are almost not noticeable. If you look very closely, you'll notice that the blossoms directly on the card itself are true cherry blossoms with five petals, and the ones that are raised actually have six petals. I think this is a barely noticeable difference that is completely excusable. The women that made this card found the "not quite a cherry blossom" punch at a dollar store! If you know me, you know that knowing that makes me want to scour every dollar store looking for something this great!  Obviously, if you've been keeping up with my posts you know that we already have invitations. I mentioned in that post that I would like to add some embellishments that would make the cards really stand out. Well, this is one possible option (probably in black and white to match the card's theme). Of course, another idea (which I actually like more now that I think about it) is to add this same idea/general concept to our place-cards/table numbers. 

How are we going to get the exact print from our invitations to match the rest of our paper materials? (Table numbers, name cards, etc) Well, my friends, we're going to scan them! Yes, we're sneaky little devils, aren't we? Actually, I just like to pretend that scanning them is a much more clever idea than it really is. But, if insisting that I'm smart is the most "Bridezilla-esque" that I get, then I don't think you have anything to worry about. 

Speaking of amazing ideas, I thought I would mention something that I came up with. We're thinking that it would be awesome to place little cards around (kind of like little plaques) with interesting little wedding trivia. As an example: Putting a card with the origin/reason behind wedding cakes, or flowers, or anything else that you can think of that's wedding related. Tony and I really love little "useless" facts, and I think it would be a really creative and unique way to incorporate that into the wedding, as well as offer some fun things for the guests to check out. This would also be a good way to get them to mingle around the room. When I was in my friend's wedding at the beginning of June, I was way too excited that I completely forgot to go and look at the cake (it was on the other side of the room from me). The first time I saw the cake was when somebody posted a picture of it a week or so after the wedding. SO, the trivia cards are not extremely important, but they would be nice to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment