Can't Find It? Search Here!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Busy Busy, Business Cards to Show

We've been SUPER busy the last few weeks. I haven't even have time to think about writing in the blog, let alone research. (This fact may or may not be making me nervous for the actual wedding planning. Which will be going on during school--the year I'm trying to graduate. Yikes!) Anyway, as nerve wracking as it may be, I'm so grateful that Tony and I can talk about things so easily because that meant that he was totally okay with me planning ahead of time. And I am extra extra grateful about the extra planning time.

First things first. I know that nobody is *really* reading this blog. BUT, we made a purchase today! I'm not sure if I should show all my cards and reveal what it is quite yet. So, I think I'll keep mum on the subject for now. Just know that we did something today that I am over the moon excited about. 

When I posted last I mentioned that I had looked at a few things on VistaPrint, so I'll show you the business cards I liked tonight.


I liked both of these for the "camera" theme. Remember when I said we would set up a photo-sharing site for our guests to upload and share pictures? Well, I figured we'd likely need a business card specifically for that. We can get a bunch (VistaPrint always has a TON of really awesome deals!) and we can use them for ANY wedding-related get-together we have. Even if it's just a craft get together, or a planning party. I particularly like that we can add three of our own photo's to the card. We can have two of us on either side, and then use the center photo space for something wedding theme related; like a cherry blossom. Maybe I can get Tony to draw one up for me. 

One thing I just thought about is our engagement announcement. I'd like to get it on tape, or camera; but I don't know how to do that without cluing somebody in. (And that somebody preferably having decent camera skills.) Guess we'll have to have a designated shutter-bug. Wonder if we could use a friend and just tell them (our extended families) they are working on a project about families. Hmmm, I know a few people who would be up for some mischief. That also being said; since we only want to pay for one year of photo-sharing service, I'll have to make a card with my e-mail address on them to hand out to everybody, and maybe bring my laptop so that some people can upload right then and there. I don't know. We'll see. 

*Edit Note*: I had a few more cards here, but I was attempting to save time when I took the pictures from VistaPrint's website and I clipped multiple cards in one picture, which made for god-awful formatting. So, I took of those clips and kept the singular cards I had saved. Those are the ones I mostly wanted to talk about anyway. So: on to more cards!


 More cherry blossom cards to the top and bottom. I'm not sure I like the all pink one; the flowers are especially cute, but I don't think all of the pink really goes well with the theme.

 I really like the one above; it's the right hint of subtle, sophisticated and beautiful that I'd like to use. The one below it is also beautiful, but almost *too* real for our theme.


 So there are the business cards I looked at. Now I'll just need to brainstorm to think of a way to use them. I am thinking we might be able to find a way to use them in the invitations. I'm not quite sure how, just yet. But the thought is at the tip of my tongue, so I'm sure it'll come to me!

That's it for tonight. I'll be back soon enough to share more goodies with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment