Can't Find It? Search Here!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Guest Book--Or Not?

I don't particularly like the idea of a guest book. First of all; they never, never, NEVER get filled out entirely. This leaves 20+ pages of blank entries. Secondly, I don't know of anybody who actually has their wedding guest book out in plain sight. Does anybody even look through their guest book after the wedding? How about a year after the wedding? Three years?

My guess is that the number dwindles after the first anniversary. With that in mind, I've been looking up some alternatives. I know for sure that I want to do a recipe/address card option at the bridal shower. And I've seen one idea for the reception itself that I really like. So, I guess I'll start showing you them.

Tutorial here.

This is the "wish tree" idea. I personally think this particular idea is a little "busy", but I can definitely get behind the general idea. This would be particularly fun if we could somehow make a full cherry blossom tree. I might have to send out the minions to look for cheap fake trees for sale, or yard sales, or Craigslist. This is also a great idea because it's super versatile! You can have guests write up advice, just a general note, addresses, etc. I'd assume, just from the ideas in my head, that it wouldn't be too expensive to make; but would look very impressive. (This will also give guests time to mill around while they wait for the bride and groom to roll in.) I think this will work well for us. Remember that we said we wanted our guests to move around the room reading all of the little trivia cards we have out? Well, not they'll be forced to be up and mobile instead of sitting around eating cheese. 

General Google Stock Photo--no link

Purchase here.

These are examples of another option I liked. The signature mat. However, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of having ALL of our guests sign one photo. I think we might try to limit out bridal party and direct family members for the signing of this. After all, they know us the most and they are the ones we've chosen to be especially close to us for our wedding day. It'll allow our family members to write more, and we'll have a very special piece to remember the day by. 

That's pretty much it for today. Any other ideas for eliminating the guest book are welcome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment