Can't Find It? Search Here!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Favors

We won't be using these, but I saved them because I thought it might be a possibility. However, even though now I know we won't be using them, I had to share them with you all. I'm not sure if anybody is even reading this blog, but if anybody is, I'd love some comments!!

Anyway, this is an easy idea of making matchbook favors. Look how awesome they are:

Tutorial here.

If you check out the tutorial, you'll see how completely simple they are! And, they solve the forever favor problem of appealing to both sexes. Not every man can appreciate a nice sugar scrub, but I assure you that everybody can find a use for matches at one time or another. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you could make these extra special by including a candle, and a little note that says something like, "You watched us get married today and we really appreciate you being here to share our love. Please take this candle and matches and take a moment or two for yourself. Relax and know that we love you dearly."

Okay, that's borderline mushy and sappy. But, I'm a total sucker for sappy, so it would totally work on me. But, whatever. I literally just wrote that off the top of my head, but I'm sure you clever people out there could think of something better. The point is that something even as simple as a matchbook can be used to create a favor that is truly thoughtful.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of matches with a candle. For our wedding, we made homemade vanilla extract and mini fruitcakes. Those suckers took ages to make. Nine to a pan, sloooooooow baking for hours.

    Anyway a friend gave me your blog but no e-mail address. She said she saw a post you made somewhere needing a wedding dress on a very tight $200-budget and wanted something handmade. I'm a seamstress, and January is coming up. It's the slowest month for me, so is when I usually will take on very low/no profit dresses. Better to add something to my portfolio than to sit idle.

    You can see some of my work here:
    facebook.com/ariacouture
    ariacouture.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/AriaCouture

    Let me know if you'd be interested in collaborating. Contact info is on my various pages. I do ask for his to be kept quiet because I don't advertise working for next to nothing in January because I don't want people to wait until January to get low-cost/free labor when they can afford to pay regular price. Thanks.

    ~Aria

    ReplyDelete