Can't Find It? Search Here!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

UGH

I need to take a really big step away from wedding planning right now. At least for a day or two, or the weekend.

Tony and I had a really fantastic evening; we went craft shopping and we went to the mall to have my ring inspected and checked. I got to try my ring on (AH! I got to try it on!!! I REALLY cannot wait to have it. Seriously). We also stopped at my parents house and we had a chat about wedding stuff, and just generally chit chat.

That being said, this evening has NOT gone well for me. I've been doing a little number crunching (as far as guests) and things are not looking quite the way I want them to. Adding to this factor, is also the fact that I haven't even SEEN our dinner venue yet. I don't have specific numbers of how many people will fit inside this building, and I can't even begin to guess because I've never even been IN the building.

Yikes. So this is where being ass backwards kind of bites me in the ass a little bit. I know it isn't anything to get worked up over, because we have a HUGE venue that we also have booked; and it's visible from our dinner venue. No big deal if we have to switch back to using the big venue. And booking both of them made it super easy because we'll have the kitchen available, if needed. I think our decorating will suffer a little bit if we use the big venue, but once again, not really a big deal. None of it is really a big deal. I'll sit down with Tony, we'll go check out both venues again, and we'll go from there.

Now, knowing that it's no big deal (because it really isn't!) doesn't necessarily mean that I'm NOT making a big deal about it, because I most definitely am. In fact, I'm SUPER stressed out about it. And I definitely don't need that. Tony doesn't need that from me, and I don't want to be that person.

So, that being said, I think I'm going to take a break from all the planning stuff tonight. I planned on doing some more research, some more posting, etc., but I'm doing what feels right and letting it go for now. These little things just aren't important.

I also want to throw it out there that I am SO happy that I started planning as soon as I did. (BEFORE I'm engaged. Hell, I'm still not engaged). I am beyond relieved that we have OVER a year to sort all of this stuff out. I am heaving a huge sigh just thinking about all of the time we have. Knowing that I'll be able to make more breaks like this as needed during the planning process really makes me look forward to getting back on the horse and working through all the crap that's going to come my way during the next year +.

I'll be back shortly. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment